Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Sydney Schema Builder #1: Timing

Life has been weird for a while. I’ve been getting more sleep than I have in the past 10 years, yet I’m also way more tired than usual. I have seemingly a seemingly infinite amount of free time, something that I haven’t had for so long since I had so many activities going on, yet nothing to do.

I had always assumed that more free time was a good thing because I always have a packed schedule where some days I struggled finding time to eat let alone do homework or sleep. Yet here I am bored out of my mind. All the things I normally enjoy doing in my free time now are more boring than watching paint dry.

Even with this surplus of time, I still find myself running out of time to do things like school work or once again making food. As strange as it is due dates seem to come out of nowhere and all of a sudden I have a project that’s already overdue that I didn’t even know that I had.

Now I know some may say that this is my own fault that I didn’t keep track of things and yes I will take some of the blame for that but at the same time, it’s been a difficult task to juggle. Unlike most people who have 4 or 5 classes, I have 7 since all my classes were every other day. This means that I have to keep track of 7 different teachers constantly sending messages, projects, homework assignments, tests, quizzes, essays, etc.

Normally I’m able to manage since I get the assignments at a normal rate not to mention being in school and being taught what I need to do for each one. Now my teachers all assign things at different times on different days. Some things are due at 10am while others are 3pm while others are midnight. Each class has its own schedule and it’s nearly impossible for one person to keep track of it all.

I know people have been saying it’s a difficult learning curve for everyone, but with how much time we have left in the school year, I’m starting to get the feeling that the rest of school is going to be one big curve.

Black Twin Bell Alarm Desk Clock on Table · Free Stock Photo

1 comment:

  1. You know, on my zoom call with my therapist this afternoon, we were just talking about how *TIME* is such a strange concept these days. I'm sorry you're feeling overwhelmed. I can't speak for other teachers, but honestly I'm not being too stringent on "due dates." As long as I see you're logging in, making progress, and I don't have to keep bugging you about missing work days after the fact, I'm not worrying about it. I know it's super hard to focus right now, even for me, and everyone is dealing with who-knows-what health-wise and hardship-wise. I think it's important we stay engaged with learning, but in my opinion now's not the time for being a stickler.

    ReplyDelete