Friday, April 3, 2020

Emma Schema Builder 1

The other day I was finally allowed to go to a hiking place called Illick’s Mill Park. It’s in Bethlehem, and it has a waterfall, a stream with ducks and geese, and a hiking/nature walk area. I wanted to go somewhere other than Jacobsburg because I always go there, and I wanted to change it up. My mom let me bring my friend there too because it was the day after his birthday.
We couldn’t find the trail at first because I parked on the road that Waze told me to. After a few minutes of discussing where the trail could be, a guy came out from his house and knocked on my window. He told us the actual directions, and I quickly found the right place to go. The waterfall was really pretty with a little bridge overlooking it. I took pictures by the waterfall, but none of them turned out really good. I also fed the geese some bread and cheerios before I left. We didn’t have time to hike because it got dark, which sort of disappointed me. However, I was just very happy that I was able to do something other than stay at my house.
Being outside surrounded by the waterfall and trees was a really great experience because I have been stuck inside mostly other than the occasional outing to the grocery store or on a short walk with my family. This experience has definitely taught me to value my freedom more, especially being able to go in public places and see my friends. I would recommend visiting Illick’s Mill Park if you are tired of going to Jacobsburg all the time and want to take cute pictures by a waterfall. Have you been hiking so far during this quarantine?

No comments:

Post a Comment