Thursday, February 20, 2020

Owen 9: A Philly #1 foam finger??

Let it be known that for today's prompt I looked upon the weekly blogging challenge. The prompt said to write about an object that has a special meaning to you. SO... I'm going to write about a foam finger that lies on my shelf. Yep, you heard it right.

Picture the scene, it's the last playoff game of 2008, the year the Philadelphia Phillies would win the World Series. I'm 5 years old wearing a Philly shirt, a plush fanatic in my hand and a big smile with my 6 teeth inside my mouth. The Phillies needed to win this game in order to make it to the World Series. We got there and went to the gift shop, and my dad bought me a #1 fan foam finger. Later that day the Phillies would come back from losing 5-3 to winning 6-5 in the bottom of the ninth. Then preceded to go on and win the World Series!

So after that day, in 2008, I've had the same foam finger on my shelf for 12 years. Not only does it symbolize my youth and my dad but it symbolizes the relationship I have with my father. It reminds me of fun times and makes me appreciate everything he does for me. It also sparked my love for baseball. And reminds me every time I wanna quit that I need baseball, and it needs me.

SO yes.. a 15 inch red with white letter half-destroyed foam finger that is now collecting somewhat of a dust ring is a symbiotic object in my life.

So do you have an object that symbolizes something with a deeper meaning in your life?

Image result for phillies foam finger

No comments:

Post a Comment