Sunday, December 8, 2019

Connor 4: Dunkin Part 2

It’s really hard to find things that are interesting to blog about when all you do in your spare time is sit around and sleep, so I decided to do a part two of sorts to my Dunkin blog. It’s either about work again, or a blog about how every time I go inside my house I go straight to my bed and go to sleep until I absolutely am required to be awake. 
First things first, I wanna give an update on Judy, or “the deer lady.” Apparently, she is posting on Facebook so she is ok, just not taking the donuts at the end of the night. I saw the concern about her in the comments and she is ok. Still reminds me of the witch from Hansel and Grettle, but ok. Hopefully, the deer obesity problem in Nazareth will go back down. I know many people who have gotten into accidents and had their cars totaled because of these giant deer we have around here. 
The next thing I want to bring up is something you may not have ever heard me mentioned, but I hate people. I’m not sure if that’s ever come up, but it’s true. On my job interview, my boss asked me one reason why he shouldn’t hire me and I flat out laughed in his face and said, “Because I hate people!” He then laughed and gave me the job anyway. His mistake, not mine. Don’t get me wrong, I love my job and most of the customers are lovely people, but there are a few that keep me raging for hours on end. 
I am usually asleep the second I get home from work, but this one customer came in today and I am still steaming with rage from her. It is 10:58. She comes through every day and always orders a medium vanilla latte with one Splenda and skim milk. She never says this, but there can be no foam on her latte or she will lose her mind. Today we were training a new person and he made her drink perfectly, and I closed the window before she had a chance to complain and she beeped at me. I tried to take the heat so the poor new kid wouldn’t get harassed on day two, but one of these days I’m gonna lose it on her. It happens every day. 
We never actually learn anyone's name at Dunkin. We call that lady Vanilla Latte. Every time she shows up I turn off my headset and say, “It’s Vanilla Latte, I am not dealing with this …” All of our regulars have drinks instead of names. Toasted Almond comes by and we all get excited. There is nothing particularly fun about him it’s not like he tips or is extremely nice, we just know his drink and get excited. Leafy Fields also comes in a lot. He gets an XL tea with a bag of harmony leafy and a bag of chamomile fields with the strings ripped off.  No one has names at Dunkin. (Hi Hazelnut Frozen Coffee with Extra Hazelnut and Whipped Cream) Only one person will understand that. 
Besides dealing with Vanilla Latte and the ulsers that follow, I do actually have fun working at my job. It gets really busy at times, but it is not something I really mind doing. My blogs may make it seem kinda rough, but as some of you may know, I need to complain at least 30 times a day to sustain my body temperature. It really is fun though, but probably not fun enough for a third blog. This week, my goal is to actually do something so I have something interesting to blog about. 

Image result for dunkin 2 for 2 wake up wrap

2 comments:

  1. I love that you don't have names for each person and just know them by their drinks hahaha. I like blog posts about people complaining so I don't mind at all. It seems hard to be able to memorize the way people like their coffee without them even telling you, but I guess you just get used to it. BTW: hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL did I ever tell you (I probably did) that I met my husband when I was working at Dunkin and he was a customer? He was "gorgeous smile iced mocha latte guy" and his mom who sometimes came in with him was "sweet but sassy hazlenut nut latte lady."

    ReplyDelete