Monday, December 9, 2019

Owen 4: Maturity & Driving



Maturity can range from being able to hold a simple conversation about a serious topic all the way to making responsible decisions when driving. As I am growing up and getting older I find myself paying more attention to the life of myself and my peers and becoming aware of those who are mature and those who are not. I find myself getting in debates about the maturity of my own friends with my parents constantly. 



In my opinion, I find the maturity level of kids my age to be quite low especially when it comes to driving. As many of you know, this time of year there are lots of new drivers out on the road including myself. Now you may be wondering why I’m singling out driving only but it will make sense. The other day I was driving home from lifting practice at our school and I was at a traffic light. I was heading straight but the car in front of me was turning left, now I knew the first car on the other side of the street was also turning left so I naturally anticipated for that car to make the left turn although they are supposed to yield to traffic. Well low and behold the car behind the one turning jumps out in front of me in a big hurry to go where they are going. 

While on the inside I was fuming, and a bit on the outside I held my composure and I was able to avoid an accident. I think maturity had a role to play in my own decisions and if the adult in the situation were more mature we wouldn’t have had the problem. However, maturity at my age not only allowed me to prevent an accident but I was able to learn from it and anticipate something like that happening again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment