Monday, December 16, 2019

Renee, 5: My Mom's Reception

This past weekend my mom's family and friends celebrated her marriage to my new step-dad, Rob. I had only ever been to one wedding reception before, and this was especially different because I was also part of the planning process.

My mom decided to have her actual wedding ceremony in Hawaii, with just her and Rob, so no one else was present for that. About a month later, this past Saturday, we celebrated at the Easton Wine Project. It was a gorgeous venue that embodied a modern, but rustic feel. Each table had a wine bottle decorated with twinkling lights, and much of the room filled with greenery and flowers. My mom's vision was represented perfectly.

I was in charge of putting together a playlist that would last the entirety of the reception. I began making this a few weeks ago and had gradually put songs I knew my mom and stepdad loved. I placed them in ascending order that started with slower love songs, so by the end of the night, it would be more of dancing music. I think it worked out really well and I was happy to have helped.

It was so nice to see all my family and mom's friends again, as well as some of my friends who my mom is close to. It was a venue filled with some of the best people I know and it radiated positive energy.





3 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a beautiful day. Thanks for sharing and congrats to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, Renee! You all looked amazing and the decorations were so pretty. Around last year I had to do this for my dad and step-moms wedding and it was oddly stressful, I am glad it all worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's really cool that they got married privately in Hawaii and then with their families. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete