Thursday, February 6, 2020

Owen 7: What it's like to work at Panera.

About 3 weeks ago I started to work at Panera Bread on 248 in Nazareth. Overall the job pays well and my coworkers are all super nice. The company is super flexible to suit my schedule and needs and the managers are encouraging. The only negative is that well, I work every weekend and Friday night and the more you make the food, the less appetizing it becomes. And no. I'm not saying the food at Panera isn't good. It just so happens that the more and more you make it the less you want it (if you catch my drift.)

Anyway, going back to the positives. I've made a lot of new friends, learned a lot of new things, and have had lots of fun these last few weeks. Currently, I'm training and it will last about a month before I'm certified. Believe it or not, there's a lot of things that go into making a sandwich, or a plate for our customers, especially MeiLi and Alanna (They go there a lot ;)

Like any other fast food/ chain restaurant, you have to be very fast when working on the line and prepping food. It took me a while to learn everything and how to be quick about it but after that, I was ready for business.

One of the greatest perks of being an employee at Panera is the discount. 70% off the total bill under $10, 55% off under $20, and 40% off the bill over $20. That's a killer discount anywhere, especially at Panera because (don't tell my managers) its expensive!

Another great aspect of the job is the pay. I make $10.49 an hour plus tips. Yeah, you heard that right. TIPS! We actually make a lot of tips at Panera. If I'm lucky tips add anywhere from 15-30 extra non-taxable dollars to my paycheck and you can't beat that!

Overall I'm pretty excited to continue working at Panera Bread. If you see me don't hesitate to give a smile or a wave.
I recommend anyone that is looking for a job right now to see if we are hiring. You might even see me!

2 comments:

  1. TO CLARIFY, We do not go there a lotttttt it has just so happened that every time we were there, you happened to so coincidentally be there to. Besides the point, I know many people that work at Panera and I hear many mixed things about it. I am super glad you are enjoying it. I think I would hate to work there because I LOVE their food and it would absolutely CRUSH me to get sick of it or not want it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pleased to say I was present on the historic day when you were about to go in for the job interview. From what I've gathered, it went well, seeing as you are now employed there. I totally understand the steady decline of interest in your own brand's food (As much as I will praise Naz-O-Nut, I lost a bit of a taste for them around my 40th donut). But 'tis a job and who are we to thumb our noses at discounts?

    ReplyDelete