Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Connor 10: Rutgers

Last Friday, I got to take a day off from high school and look at my actual life in perspective. A month or two ago I scheduled a college visit at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey. I signed up for another college too, but I only want to go there because my old friend from camp goes there. Because of this, I scheduled one at a college I might actually consider going to. This was a decision I did not regret in the slightest.
For those of you who are both deaf and blind, I would like to reiterate that I pretty much hate everything that exists on this miserable dying planet. Who saw that coming. That alone should put into perspective how cool of a place Rutgers must be because I absolutely fell in love with it. It might also be a huge shocker that I hate colleges. They are all businesses that make profit on stealing the money of innocents that believe they need a certificate from this business in order to survive in the world.  Both private and public colleges are marketing scams. Ivy League is just the positive connotation of old as dirt and used to be big in sports. Plus most colleges are cults that infect their students with unreasonable amounts of pep. Penn State is the number one offender. The other cults at least give you an opportunity to join in the rituals or not. Penn State just goes straight to your head and takes over. That place, Florida, and Australia are all on my list of terrifying hell places that need to be quarantined and sent to another dimension. With all that said, even I can admit that I am seriously considering buying into the bull and going to college.
I started the day by sleeping in until about 9:00. I woke up around the time this class was about to start, so I sent a picture of me comfortable in bed to a friend in class. Then my Mom and I headed out to Rutgers for our 2:00 appointment. We got there early and decided to walk around campus by ourselves. I was instantly really impressed just by the town’s atmosphere.  Within a half an hour of being there I had already bought myself a $30.00 sweatshirt. I mostly bought it because it would get me bonus points in a class, but I also loved the college, the sweatshirt was on sale to be cheaper than a hat, and it is super big and comfortable.
The guided tour of the school did not disappoint.  The building I would take a majority of classes in is called the Transformer Building, there are free busses to literally everywhere in town, and the food is so diverse, cheap, and tastes amazing.
I really don’t know what direction I’m going to take my life in. All I know is Rutgers University is definitely an option that suits me.  Even if we never cross paths again, it was a great day off from school.
Image result for rutgers portal

No comments:

Post a Comment