Thursday, March 12, 2020

Connor 11: "Ok People, Pull Yourselves Together."

The year 2020 has definitely been an experience. Despite the fact that it’s only early March, this year has been jam packed with multiple midlife crises. I have had a plethora of new experiences already, and I feel like I need a minute to reflect on that and move on. To put it into words by the wisest being I know, I need to “pull it together.” As a coping method, I have decided to try something new to see if it helps me through this insanity. I know that some people go through a breakup or large life-altering event and dye their hair, so I decided to try that out. My hair is purple now.
During the summer, I bleached my bangs and decided to dye them blue. After the dye washed out, I was left with light brown highlights to accent my dark dark hair. My plan was just to dye the highlights a vibrant dark purple, however it ended up only making my whole head appear one reddish brownish black color. Either way, it was a successful crisis hair dying, and that is all that matters.
Crisis averted. It’s time to go back to being mellow, passive aggressive, and calm. Maybe I should find a better way to deal with problems so I don’t end up with weird tattoos or something. Maybe I should take up meditation? All I have really gained is now my hair is a different color, but it has helped me feel a little more calm. We’ll see how long that lasts.
 
Related image

3 comments:

  1. Personally I have never got to experience the infamous mental-break hair dying situation but I definitely plan to at some point. I always put off dying my hair from the fear of killing it more than I already do from straightening it. I've recently asked to get blonde highlights, which I know is nothing like going purple, but it is a step.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to die my hair a fun color sooooooo bad. I want to do the bottom half either light blue or pink. However, my hair has to be a natural color for work, so I can't. :( I'm glad you had a successful crisis hair dying; hopefully, my opportunity will come soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you went and just decided to color your hair for a change. That sounds super fun. I've been thinking about either dying my hair or getting highlights. I desperately need a change from my boring everyday look and I think it’s time to change up my hair. I am a little scared of how it would look on me though. I am leaning more towards highlights because vibrant colors don't quite match my complexion or my everyday style. If I die it, I'm also scared that instead of my hair looking super fun and cute that I'll look more like a teletubby. I wish I had the level of bravery you do when it comes to changes like these. I wish I could just take the leap like you.

    ReplyDelete