Thursday, March 12, 2020

Renee 11: Summer!

Because the current climate of our society seems to be overwhelming, I felt I should write about something I´m looking forward to in the future: summer! Obviously, most people are excited about the long-awaited, stress-free break of sleeping in and soaking up the sun, but for me, this summer will be even better because of the new freedom I unlocked this past summer. This year has not been the greatest so far, as most people in their junior year would probably agree. Getting my license, however, was most definitely the best thing that´s happened to me to date, and I cannot wait to take full advantage of it starting in June.

I plan on working a lot more, which sounds boring, but with a means to get there by myself and obtain more hours, there will be more money to spend on other activities this summer. When I´m not working, I plan on going to the beach with my friends on day trips of a sort. This is something I have been anxious to do since I was little. 

Another reason I am looking forward to this is the fact that it is my last summer as a true teenager. This time next year I will be eighteen, committing to a college, and becoming an adult. With this in mind, I know to squeeze everything I can out of the two and a half months of no school and increased freedom. I want to live in the moment and enjoy being a kid while I can. Although I know there are still limitations to driving at age seventeen, this summer will undoubtedly be the best yet.

What are you looking forward to doing the summer before your senior year?

Me in three months!

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you that getting my license allows for a ton more freedom this summer. Currently, I am really looking forward to going to the European Scout Jamboree in Poland, but I fear that it will get cancelled due to the virus. I fear that due to this virus our school year will run longer and most summer plan will not be able to be fulfilled. Though, no matter what I know that because I have my license I will always be able to do things locally and hangout with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has just reminded me that I will have my licence this summer. I am now too excited for it. Besides working, I have no other plans, so if the world pulls itself together, I will be free to do whatever I want. I think I'm going to take the opertunity to see what it's like to drive around and do things by myself. I want to learn how to handle all the independents alone first, then introduce others to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading this got me excited for summer because I also have my license. I agree this summer is going to be the best. I hope to not work or work less too.

    ReplyDelete