Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Adria 1: Why Country Music is Underrated


Now, I know what I am about to say is going to fire some people up-- but just wait, hear me out first. I promise I will try my very best to change your perspective on this overly criticized genre of music. I understand if you don’t like the sound of country music, but have you ever taken a moment to listen to and appreciate the lyrics? Brad Paisley, Tim McGraw, Thomas Rhett, Dan + Shay, Luke Combs, Dylan Scott, Zac Brown Band-- these are some of the most genuine artists out there. The lyrics paint pictures of family and love rather than sex and drugs.

Similarly, I strongly believe that mainstream music is corrupting the innocent minds of children and teenagers. The words are anything but wholesome, which is the last thing society needs right now. In times of distress and trouble, we need to turn to songs of comfort and unity-- exactly what country music offers. I understand if it is not your taste or personal preference, but we must all admit that the words in “Life Changes” are simply better than those of… well, anything by Nicki Minaj.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so true story. When I was your age, I was a HUGE country music fan. In fact, I was a huge fan of Thomas Rhett's father (who was in his late-20s at the time), and he is to this day my fav country artist, even though now I only listen to showtunes LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never listen to country music, so it was interesting to read what you said about why you do and why you feel so strongly about newer music today. Although we have different opinions, I totally see where you're coming from!

    ReplyDelete