Monday, April 13, 2020

Kadison Schema 2 - Brother

Recently, my mom (and my younger brother and I) were cleaning out our “junk room”. You know the type: suitcases, clothes, old toys, books I used to read, art pieces from grade school were all just sitting around in this room over our garage. Within this room, there was a particular item of interest: the Wii. My brother, Kolby, saw it and hooked it up to the TV and asked me if I wanted to play with him. I didn’t have anything else going on, so of course, I said yes. He picked out the game “Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga”.

The Wii in general gave me flashbacks to when I was young, and I’m pretty sure this was one of the first games we had for it. I still remember sitting on the floor in my cousin Travis’s house watching him play through the game. While it had been forever (probably 10 years) since I played the game, I somehow had snapshots of memory in my head about what certain parts of the levels looked like.

While Kolby and I were playing, we realized how many hidden secrets we somehow still remembered. We also, surprisingly enough, didn’t really fight at all. We argued, of course, but we didn’t get into any heated discussions. It was actually really nice. Kolby and I also worked together to figure out some “cheats” to the game; there ten “minikits” hidden in each level, and most of them are meant to be collected on the second play through when the player can switch between other characters. However, we could often figure out ways to jump onto things that were not meant to be jumped on, and collected the minikits anyway.

Playing this video game made me realize how much I miss just hanging out with Kolby, and how much we’ve both grown. I remember having to ask my cousin for help completing certain levels because they were that difficult for us, and now all of them seem like a piece of cake. It’s amazing to me how much both of us remembered from a time when we were so young. Although Kolby can really irritate me sometimes, I’m glad he’s my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment