Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Liz Schema Builder 2: New Recipe!

This week I decided to distract myself with some baking. I wanted to make something I hadn’t made before, and I was really in the mood for something sweet. I decided to make cinnamon rolls.

Now, I love baking, but something always seems to go wrong for me when I do it. I was determined for these to go right. I read over the recipe, and the only ingredient I didn’t have was yeast. Luckily, my grandmother lives next door and was willing to lend me some. I got started, and while my yeast was activating, I realized I couldn’t find the dough hook for my kitchen-aid mixer. After frantically searching with my mom, I had to defeatedly call my grandmother and ask to borrow hers. So I finish my dough and set it aside to rise. It actually doubled in size like it was supposed to, which was a relief! I went to make the cinnamon-sugar mixture, which is when I discovered that I already used all our butter, and I didn’t have enough cinnamon. At this point, I was really frustrated. I decided to make a make-shift mask and run to the store because I was just missing too many ingredients. After my quick run to the store, I finished up the cinnamon rolls and left them to rise. They didn’t rise like they were supposed to, but oh well, I just popped them in the oven.

Now I’ve never made these before, and I wasn’t sure how to tell if they were done or not. So I left them in the oven for the recommended extra time (cause my oven never seems to bake things fast enough) and took them out. They looked really good to me! Flash forward to a little later, my family and I are eating the cinnamon rolls, and mine is so raw in the middle that I can’t eat parts of it. I took mine out of the middle of the pan, so my family was able to enjoy theirs, but it made me really sad. Next time, I gotta make sure I’m more prepared to bake!

No comments:

Post a Comment