Sunday, January 5, 2020

Ryan 6: I Went to a Museum


Today, January fifth, I went to the Philadelphia Museum of Art with my family. This was my first time ever going there so I enjoyed it a lot. We did and saw a lot, the trip ended up taking all day which was tiring but definitely worth it.

The building itself was beautiful, every once in a while I would find myself looking up at the roof and pillars because of how detailed they were. We entered the building by the famous Rocky stair case where he jumps up and down with his fists in the air. When you enter the building the first thing that catches your eye is the giant statue centered behind the great staircase. This room was very grand which seemed perfect for the entrance to a museum.

The actual art exhibits were in the left and right wings of the building on floors two and three. We started on the third floor and worked our way down. At first, I thought it seemed a little small, but I quickly realized I was wrong. Each wing had two sections with many rooms in each sections. Some specific sections were European art, American art, Asian art, modern art, and a special exhibit room. My favorite section was the Asian art area, all of the art was so detailed with patterns.

Overall, my day trip to the Philadelphia Museum of Art was fun and unique. I recommend anyone to go there at least once. We ended up staying in the museum for around three hours. That was a lot of walking, but I was satisfied in the end when I got a Philly cheese steak.


No comments:

Post a Comment