Monday, November 25, 2019

Connor 3: Working at Dunkin

I spent my entire weekend at Dunkin Donuts. I went to bed on Friday night and work up a half hour before my shift at 2pm. Then I got home at 10:30 and went to bed, only to wake up the next day at 1:30 so I could get ready and go back to work at 2. Then, as the cycle goes, I got home at 10:30, went to bed, and now we are here. Now that I work weekends from 2-10, I no longer get to actually enjoy my time off from school.

Spending 8 hours at work, 2 days in a row really put into perspective how boring life really is. I spend at least 12 hours sleeping, so that would give me 4 hours of time when I’m not at work. During those 4 hours would be when I eat and get my homework and housework done.

Working at Dunkin really isn’t that bad though. I usually work nights, so after 6 o’clock the drive-through is usually slow. I mostly just clean and stock the drive-through, then wait till 8:30, throw away the donuts (While keeping some for various purposes). There used to be this scary old witch from Hansel and Gretel type lady who would take the donuts for the deer, but we haven’t seen her in weeks so we assume she died. Last night a cop took a trash bag full of donuts to the deer, so I am genuinely concerned for deer in this area.

If no one comes in drive-through then I literally just sit down and wait for it to be time to do things. At nine I do the dishes because the people I close with are either allergic to the sanitizer or pulls rank because she's worked her for 20 years.

Working is pretty boring most of the time, but it really isn’t that bad. Much better than my other job. If anyone ever needs any Munchkins, I usually have the hookup at my locker.


Image result for dunkin donuts


2 comments:

  1. I empathize a lot with the things you're saying. Unfortunately, I represent the competition. As an employee of Naz-O-Nut, I am familiar with the midday monotony of people not wanting donuts past lunch time and I also get a lion's share of free leftover donuts. However we don't have deer ladies. That sounds like a you problem. May she (maybe) rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand how you feel. Every weekend I've been working 16-22 hours, and it really is exhausting. It's also so hard to have a social life lol. However, I always work mornings so I don't even get to sleep in. I end up spending a lot of time napping. It's good you enjoy your job though! Also, I'm worried about the deer lady =(

    ReplyDelete