Monday, November 25, 2019

Sydney Week #3 Job Shadow

This last Friday I was able to do my job shadow for junior sem. Although I was kind of nervous to go at first I ended up having a really fun time. I went to a company called Data Works, and since I was shadowing the President of the company, he had me go around to 4 of the other workers and learn about their jobs. I learned a lot more from some of the workers than others, but for the most part each of them tried to get 2 main points across. The first of these points was that everyone in the workplace had to work together. If they didn’t work as a cohesive unit then nothing would be able to get done since all of their work is based off of what other people accomplish. This lesson is something that is very important in any job because if you can’t work well with others then nothing will ever get done. The next lesson I learned was how to stay organized. One of the people that I shadowed was quite OCD, but that lead him to teach me about staying organized and to make sure that I’m doing everything as efficiently as possible. Although a lot of what he was telling me was something that I already try to do, it was interesting to hear how it has impacted his career. Since he is organized in everything that he does, he doesn’t waste the company's time or money making him a valuable asset rather than a hindrance. Overall, I had a very positive experience with my job shadow. I’m glad I was able to meet all the wonderful people that work there, and learn about the company.

1 comment:

  1. That's really cool that you were able to learn a lot from this experience. It's really interesting to see how all the different jobs in one company fit together to create one functioning work environment.

    ReplyDelete