Monday, November 25, 2019

Owen 3: Money Doesn't Grow on Trees!


For as long as I can remember I am not the best when it comes to saving money. A sentence that would best describe my financial status would be that once I get money, it burns a hole in my pocket. Although I am still a spender at heart I have become better at saving over the last few years however I am amidst a personal financial crisis at the moment. Over the past three weeks or so, I’ve found myself desperately searching for jobs before the holiday season. No matter how hard I try or how many places I apply to it just feels like I can’t get the job.

Not only have I applied to Dick’s Sporting Good’s 3 times, Wegmans 3 times, CVS twice, and Kohl’s and Five Below both once but I’ve also reached out to other small businesses. This countless job searching has started to lead me towards a path of giving up. However, I refuse to do that. Luckily enough for me, I was able to save up money over the summer and the fall by working at my local golf course. However, as the season turns and fall becomes winter, the course will be closing and I will no longer have a job. Being the spender at heart I am, I spent about half of my earnings on numerous things this summer. Now luckily being in high school you can get away with this but sooner or later I will have to change my ways.

 Why am I saying all of this? Well, reality has hit recently and soon I’m going to have to start paying for gas and my car insurance starting in January when I get my license. Although I have saved up a decent amount of money from my previous job, I will need to have more money saved up and stop spending it so much!
If anybody has any businesses they know are hiring please comment them below, I’d really appreciate it.
Thanks

Image result for dollar sign

1 comment:

  1. That is probably annoying to have to find a new job for the winter especially since you already have one at the golf course. I have a job too and I am terrible at saving money, I get paid and spend it without saving any of it.

    ReplyDelete