Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Renee, 8: Soundtrack For My Life?

Recently, a few of my friends as well as some others, have been starting to make a "Top 25 Songs" playlist, which obviously, encapsulates their 25 favorite songs of all time (at the moment). Whether they are the songs with the most meaning to them or their most played songs I am not sure, but as soon as I saw this I knew I wanted to try it as well. As I've talked about in a previous blog, I love listening to music and creating playlists, so naturally, this caught my eye.

As excited as I am to start making this soundtrack of my (current) life,  there are a couple things I know will make this difficult. The first being that I am SO INDECISIVE. This may seem like such a tedious thing to carefully weigh my pros and cons on whether a song makes the cut, but I really do care about this and want to make it right. I already struggle with making decisions efficiently in everyday life, sooooo we'll see how this goes. Another reason I feel this will be challenging is that many, (MANY) songs I love hold a lot of meaning to me, and even if they don't have a particular meaning or memory behind them, I listen to so much music. How am I ever supposed to narrow it down?? I do not understand how people can do this; (maybe because they don't overthink everything).

I have yet to follow through with adding any songs yet because I'm spending some time going through my other playlists to determine what belongs there. Do I include older music that I love just as much? Do I include songs I had on repeat sixth months ago, but don't really listen to now? Or, do I include songs I'm listening to right at this moment?

The more I talk about this, the more I realize how insignificant this might seem to a lot of people reading, but if anyone loves music and the excitement of finding new songs as much as me, maybe you'll get it.

I also encourage anyone who thinks they'd want to try this to do it. Or, if you could only choose one song, what would it be?

My Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/reneeroberts303?nd=1

Image result for spotify images

3 comments:

  1. I want to do this! Except I, like you, am very indecisive... at least when it comes to music selection. There are days where I go full "Disney Channel Hits" and others where I find myself jamming out to Nirvana. There's really no in between. I feel like if I tried to create a top 25 list, it would NOT be cohesive whatsoever, but maybe I'll try it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I find in my music taste is I'm very picky. While my main playlist I listen to has around 55 songs on it, each one of them had to go through an American Idol-style competition and intense consideration to get on there. So while I've never sat down to make an "about me" playlist, I find that there is a lot to glean from what I have already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to try out this idea but feel that it would be near impossible! I have so many moods where I could vibing with the oldies, or rocking out to the new jams, times when I like bumping out to rap and other times I mix up the soft rap. I think i'm going to give this a try though and see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete